“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5: 22-23
- Fruit is synonymous with evidence of our faith. If we have a relationship with the Lord the Holy Spirit will be the sign that we have faith.
- He only gives the Holy Spirit to those who belong to Him.
- He will not remove His Holy Spirit from us and the Holy Spirit will complete the work that Christ began in us.
- You will be attracted to the things of God and His Word through faith.
- We have times of wandering but Christ is still in us. He will bring us back into the fold and right relationship with himself. He will prune and discipline us because we belong to Him.
- A pregnant woman shows signs that she has a child growing in her womb and that she has come into a relationship with a man, even though you cannot see the child, her protruding belly gives evidence of it.
- As the baby grows inside there is even more evidence of the fact that a woman is pregnant. One day the complete evidence of this child will be revealed.
- You can believe all day long that the seed you hold in your hand will grow into an orange tree, but until you place it in the soil it will not grow. You do have to plant it.
- Hebrews 11 speaks of faith and the manifestation and evidence of it in the lives of those who believed before Christ was revealed. They all did something. This did not earn them their faith but rather it was the evidence that they already possessed it.
- Christ spoke of having a relationship with Himself by using the metaphor of the Vine and the branches bearing fruit. The fruit is the evidence that the branch is connected to the Vine. John 15: 5-11
- If you have a relationship with Christ Jesus there will be evidence of it through your faith.
- If you have a relationship with someone you will know them.
- Others will know that you have that relationship because there will be evidence of it through the faith you exhibit in that relationship. You trust that relationship or rather, you trust that person.
- When you have a relationship with Christ Jesus; it is manifested in the trust and faith you reveal in Him either through action or word. Others will know that you have a relationship with Him because of your faith.
- Therefore, I believe Faith is the Fruit manifested in a believer’s life.
- And the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control (Galatians 5: 22-23)